Friday 24 August 2018

Module 5 - Evaluation of Completed Work

The completed embroidered assessment piece for Module 5 is a Resolved Sample based on the design topic of Texture in Landscape.

20180805_135714664_iOS

Do you feel satisfied with the results?

Yes. I feel that the individual textural components within the design are extremely successful. I am very happy and content that they fill the brief of four different panels displaying extreme textural contrasts, whilst maintaining a limited colour palette.
I was originally unhappy with the way the four panels combined to make a whole, but after a discussion with Sian during my tutorial at Summer School, we agreed solutions for adapting and evolving the design to make it more ‘coherent’. I further adapted our strategy, through experimentation, when I got back into my workroom, but after talking to Sian, I felt confident that I could work through the problems and resolve the issues, allowing me to re-work the design, resulting in a much more considered and pleasing piece of work.

Is it fit for its purpose?

Yes. The work shows four areas of extreme textural contrasts, using fabric manipulation and embroidery. I have used a limited colour palette, and there are various levels of height within the work.

If you were asked to make it again, what changes would you make?

When photographing the work, I noticed that it was much more pleasing when I zoomed in on just 3 or 4 panels. I think I would reduce the ‘pattern’ down to a smaller cross-section of design. I think this simpler version would appear much more harmonious.

No comments:

Post a Comment