Sunday 22 January 2017

Module 5 - Chapter 3 - Texture and Relief in Paper

Looking closely at photographs and images of textures and relief surfaces, I manipulated papers to translate the observed textures.

50301

50301a
Using scrunched up newsprint I created the texture observed from leaves on the woodland floor.

50302

50302a
Using scrunched tissue paper and spaces for the branches I created the canopy texture.

50303

50303a
Using twisted strips and newsprint I created the texture shown by silver birch saplings.

50304

50304a
Using folded watercolour paper laid over scrunched crepe paper I created the texture of silver birch bark.

50305


50305a
Using folded crepe paper and circles cut from watercolour paper I created the texture of the bark of a pine tree.

50306

50306a
With machine gathered, and twisted tissue paper, I created the texture observed from the pine tree coppice.

As these textures are to be used as rubbings later in the module, I mounded them all on a sturdy base of foamboard. Each 'block' is A5 in size.

1 comment:

  1. A fascinating project Julia. I love the black and white versions of your photos and how well you have interpreted them.

    ReplyDelete